Basadi products reflect the quality and exclusiveness associated with the brand. The project use high-end natural textiles such as cotton.
Shweshwe is one of the main cotton textiles used in designs. The Original Shweshwe printed fabric has become synonymous with quality by both the formal and informal sectors of the economy. Shweshwe have the unique traditional characteristics: all fabrics are 100% cotton. Because these fabrics are starched in the factory – that’s the tradition – they are quite stiff when new. After washing they are lovely and soft and easy to work with.
Shweshwe is widely used for traditional South African clothing. Originally dyed indigo, the fabric is manufactured in a variety of colours and printing designs characterized by intricate geometric patterns.
Basadi lines presents;
- Large attention to detail in the design, the fabrics and the manufacturing.
- Valuable classic pieces that can be used as a “staple” in any household year after year.
- An excellent alternative and happy choice for women that want high-end linen at an affordable and realistic price.
- Several items from the line are made to be used visa versa, offering versatility and purchasing value for the consumer.
- Our lines lends itself to the possibility of being presented as a gift.
Each of our artisans are being honored by an embroidered lady designed to portray their character…. Each of these embroidered pieces tells their individual story….